Parents, careers and family members are by far the most important influences on children’s lives. Children between the ages of 5 and 16 spend only 15% of their time in school! Research shows that when parents are involved in their child’s learning, children do better at school and throughout life. Parental involvement can take different forms but we hope you share the same aims and agree that by working together we can be partners in children’s learning.
As parents/carers we want you to be:
- Welcomed and given an opportunity to be involved in the life of the school.
- Fully informed about your child’s learning.
- Encouraged to make an active contribution to you child’s learning.
- Able to support learning at home.
- Encouraged to express your views and involved in forums and discussions on education related issues.
To find out more on how to be a parent helper, or a member of the Parent Council please contact the school.